Racism is not in your intent. Your intent is immaterial in how racist your actions are. This isn’t about you BEING a racist. It’s about you DOING A THING that is racist. Your intent doesn’t change it. Your ignorance of its meaning doesn’t change it. It’s got nothing to do with you as a person and everything to do with the meaning of your action in the context of sociocultural history.
Holiday Bundle Sale Alert:
- Even Though I Don’t Miss You, Chelsea Martin
- Other Kinds, Dylan Nice
- I Have Blinded Myself Writing This, Jess Stoner
- Fast Machine, Elizabeth Ellen
- NowTrends, Karl Taro Greenfeld
- The Avian Gospels, Adam Novy
- Big World, Mary Miler
- The Sicily Papers, Michelle Orange
(Or, choose any 4 for $30)
So much good here.